Sunday, August 9, 2009

back from my weekend

So we are finally back from our weekend trip to cape coast. It was a long 9 hours to the coast, because traffic in Accra was horrible. Our reservations where messed up and we where. Suppose to be staying in beach huts for two nights but for the first night some of us had to stay in rooms but by the second night we all had huts. It was so nice and cool I feel in love with it. The huts where called "one Africa" google it and they may have pics. Our first day I was sick and throwing up in the morning but was later feeling better our group did a canopy walk, but since I was throwing up I decided walking over a swinging rope bridge would not be the best idea so I walked around at the rain forest shops. Afterwards we went to a slave castle called elimia (spelling?) then went back to the his for a relaxing dinner on the shore

The next day we went out to a crocodile park and took pictures touhing them, wasn't too exciting for me but it was pretty funny wathing everyone else who never saw them.

After that we started back home. On the way over and back we stopped at the Accra mall because it was the only safe eating place!

Tomorrow I start at the nursery or what they call a crig so I'm excited about that , then in the afternoon we have a batik lesson which I have been looking forward to. Monday ( and Fridays) is market day so everyone around here should be out and about and very busy! I'm so exhausted it's only a little after 7 pm and I'm thinking it's time for bed and a shower. I have a nice small thin coat of dust on me from the long drive with no ac and windows rolled down!


0 comments:

Post a Comment