Monday, July 27, 2009

So close i can smell it

WOW it seems like I just posted a blog about it only being 16 days away and now its less than 4 days until I leave! Its almost surreal feeling knowing that its finally happening! Today was a major day because I got my actual placement details! I am being placed with a school/day care that is new to the Cross cultural solutions program. Me and one other girl from the group I am going with are only the second group of people to be volunteering with them. So it is really important for us to make a really big impression for CCS.

The school currently has a population of one hundred and five (105) children with forty in day care, thirty in kindergartens and twenty five the primary school. From what I get from the name and classes taught at the school it is a Christian based school, so that should be nice. Here in the states, religion isn’t taught in “public” schools so I think it will be a very interesting perspective. I’ll be doing everything that evolves kids! This is exactly what I wanted. I’ll be helping with conversational English as well as simple math, games, music, hygiene and everything small in-between.

I’m finally finished packing and throwing in those last minute items. And I don’t know how people can go with only one bag? I tried and tried, just did not work out. So im forced with two bags. Once I get to New York, 6 people will be on my flight to Africa. So it will allow us a good time to visit before the cultural shock. But there will be a total of 16 people arriving the same day as me, not including other people that will have had arrived before us with other groups!

Still not positive as to how I will be updating when im actually in Ghana. Due to the fact that the internet and power can never really be counted on. But I will have a journal to write in every day. And when I am able to log online ill be able to take everyone day by day from what i write down in my hard journal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment