Monday, May 11, 2009

Moving Along Now...

Things have definitely been moving on. Slowly, but well! Our fundraisers went off with huge success! Way better than any of us ever expected! I think the biggest shock was the bake sale when we sold 12 cakes and make around $650! I am still so very greatful to everyone who helped out for the trip, but especially my family. Even though they may not be trilled about my plans, they have still supported me. Between helping bake cakes, gather up “stuff” for garage sales, and selling raffle tickets to everyone they know there is no way I could have done it all on my own!

Unfortunately there have been a few changes in our plans. Amy will no longer be traveling with me. As much as we wanted to make it possible, only one of us can go for now. A lot of changes in her life have made it financially impossible for her to travel with me this time. But there is always a next time!

Today was a no turning back point as I found the PERFECT flight! I had been searching for days. And even though my Program date isn’t until Aug 1 it was looking like it was going to take two days of travel to even arrive meaning I would have to leave on July 30. (Meaning that I was going to have 12+hours of layover in foreign airport floors)

So today when I found a delta flight from with only a day of travel and very little lay over I immediately booked it!

Later on this week I will be finishing up with my passport so I can soon apply for my visa.

Sorry about such the delay since my last post, things should start moving along soon now! It’s a slow moving process and it seems like its taking forever! I just cant wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment